A handful of links that interested, amused or informed me from around the interwebs:
- Public Service Announcement: Valentines day is on Friday, gents. Here are some clever Valentines to give your significant other. Some are rather, er, suggestive, so make sure your other is very significant before giving.
- Your periodic reminder that the site, Humans of New York, is phenomenal. Not funny like People of Walmart, but rather snapshots into people’s lives that sometimes humorous, often beautiful, and surprisingly though provoking and moving.
- Star wars themed football helmets: file these under “a few of my favorite things.” Although I’m not sure how light sabers, blasters, and storm troopers are going to reduce the violence in football.
- Jay Leno bids farewell after 22 years. I’m not a huge fan of his comedy, but I respect his longevity and persistent success as well as the opportunities he gave hundreds of other entertainers to make their names. Of course Garth Brooks singing him on his way with “Friends in Low Places” is a nice touch.
- Punxsutawney Phil conspires against America to keep us in a deep freeze until we give up hope. This young man appeals to a higher power.
- This 18 month old eats $120 worth of food per week and has burned through 14 couches. He stands over 7 feet tall . . . on his hind legs. Meet Britain’s biggest dog.